Double-sided grinding and polishing is a process that utilizes planetary action, with the combination of a top and bottom plate, to precisely grind and polish precision, parallel optics. A variety of shapes such as square, rectangular, trapezoidal, round, elliptical or polygonal can be double-side processed. Round parts are ideal because they can rotate around their own axis.
Overall part size and weight boundaries are dependent on machine size. Sydor Optics utilizes small, medium and large double-side lapping and polishing machines for a variety of requirements.
- Diameters up to 650mm
- Weights exceeding 25kg (55 lbs)
Double-sided grinding and polishing of optical materials offers exceptional performance of flat optics when used in a transmissive application.
- Outstanding Transmitted Wavefront of better than 1/20 wave on smaller parts and ¼ wave on larger parts
- Thickness consistency from part to part - better than +/-0.001mm
- Surface Quality specifications can reach 20-10
- Surface Roughness ranges between 3-20 Angstroms.