Sydor Optics has a large array of equipment to measure dimensional and optical specifications. Featuring 13 interferometers dedicated to wavefront measurement and surface profilometry, Sydor Optics technicians are fully equipped to meet your metrology needs.
We also have one of the few, precision data, fully-automated scratch-dig inspection systems in the USA.
Data & Reporting
Custom data packages are available including customer-generated formatting as part of a purchase contract. Multiple Inspection reports are also available by request, and can be provided in hardcopy or electronic media. Typically, reports are shipped with finished goods, but Sydor Optics also offers cloud server data-sharing for near real-time customer acquisition of data. Stand-alone statistical analysis, PDF scratch-dig reports, and report-based statistical analysis can also be provided upon request.
Sydor Optics offers an extensive array of optical testing capability up to 24” in diameter for visible wavelengths, and up to 14” in diameter for infrared materials. Surface Roughness, Reflected Wavefront Error, Surface Topography, Transmitted WaveFront Error, Parallelism, Bow, Warp and Total Thickness Variation are among the optical characteristics commonly tested.
Whether testing for typical optical characteristic such as transmitted wavefront, reflected wavefront, transmittance; or for dimensional characteristics such as parallelism, surface profilometry, length, width or diameter, Sydor Optics understands the need for in-depth extended analysis requests and has a knowledgeable engineering staff to aid with non-standard data requests. Custom data reports for metrology services are available as part of initial contract agreements.
While surface cosmetics are typically inspected in accordance to MIL-PRF-13830B, Sydor Optics is proud to offer the most calibrated, objective surface inspection verification through the use of a Savvy Optics Scope™, and with our newest addition, the Optilux SD, ending the subjective, eye-to-eye differences in scratch reflectance. The Optilux SD offers fully automated recording, measurement and PDF reporting.
Sydor Optics also offers CMM testing for dimensional aspects of flat and asymmetrical geometries featuring laser, optical and touch probe characterization of part features accurate to within 0.1 microns.
Inspection & Metrology Equipment
- Zygo 6” Mark GPI XPS Horizontal Interferometer
- Zygo 4” / 12” Mark GPI XPS Horizontal Interferometer
- Zygo 18” Mark GP XPS Horizontal Interferometer
- Apre Instrument 4” interferometer with Zygo 24” Beam Expander
- Zygo Verifire 3.39µm IR Interferometer – 6” aperture with 14” Stitch Platform Capability
- Tropel 12” Horizontal Interferometer (2)
- Tropel FlatMaster 200 Wafer Interferometer
- Tropel FlatMaster MSP300 Wafer Interferometer
- Zygo NewView Optical Surface Profilometer
- Perkin-Elmer Lamda40 UV/VIS Spectrometer
- Vision Engineering Swift-Duo Non-Contact Video Measurement System
- SavvyInspector SIF-4 Surface Quality Inspection Scope
- OGP SmartScope Flash500 Laser, Optical, Probe Capable CMM
- Custom HUD Beam Deviation Measurement System
- Mitutoyo SP5 Non-Rotating Spindle Speed Micrometers
- Heidenhain 28 1B Surface Contact Thickness Gage
- Optilux SD Scratch/Dig Inspection System